The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #1)

The Forest of Hands and Teeth  - Carrie Ryan To be fair 3.5 StarsThe only zombie book I've read was The Hollow's Series by Amanda Hocking.I avoid all spooky books because I prefer not to have not to wake up in the middle of the night and creep down the hall with a baseball bat because I heard some ungodly noise!The Forest of Hands and Teeth was seriously creepy like check-under-your-bed-for-zombies-every-night creepy!But it was definitely worth it!Carrie Ryan's writing is beautiful and captivating and it's almost as if you are there with Mary.The first 100 or so pages were a bit too slow for my taste-And then BAM! the story picked up and it was totally kick-ass!At the beginning I was just plain pissed at Mary because she seemed selfish and she was totally obsessed with getting to the ocean.It seemed like all she did was whine and she couldn't even make up her mind about Harry and Travis!But it was her unwavering belief in the ocean that helped her get out of the forest alive.I liked Travis better than Harry but the romance in this book was one hell of a mess and absolutely frustrating!The ending was so sad and I felt that ending was a little rushed too.There were a lot of questions that were left unanswered-Hopefully the sequel will be able to fill in the blanks.Overall it was a good book despite all the flaws,I'd pick up the sequel too but not anytime soon.